Stewed Healing Apples and Immune Cofactors
(Michael Ash 2011)
- 6 Bramley cooking apples or apples of choice (preferable organic)
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of raisins/sultanas
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Peel and core the apples and chop into small pieces
Put all the ingredients into a heavy based pot and cook for approx. 15mins. Stirring regularly. Cook until soft with rough shapes. Colour should be russet brown with the cinnamon effect.
Put into small ramekin size containers, cover and store in the fridge for use. May be eaten warm or cold.
- 1 tsp of probiotic stirred into apple (open capsule)
- 2/3 tbsp of bio live natural coconut yogurt
- 6-8 berries (blueberries/raspberries/etc)
- 1 tsp of Manuka or wild honey if required
For healing purposes, consume at least 1 portion per day and up to 3 portions for immune modulating effect.
Note: Leaving the skins on is better but only if tolerated and organic if possible.”