- Are you or have you been experiencing any of the following and think you can do something about it if only you knew how or where to start?
- Are you eating the best diet possible to treat your condition?
- We will assess your current diet and help you develop a meal plan that will allow you to learn healthier eating habits.
We offer private one to one consultations with certified nutritional specialists in our Lucan, Portrane and Drogheda Clinics.
Phone and Skype consultations are also available.
Private & Group 10 week Nutritional Weight Loss & other specialised courses available. Group classes limited to maximum of 6 people which ensures individual attention by the nutritional therapist and ‘lively’ group interaction! Each week a new topic on nutrition is introduced so you learn the ‘whys’ of what you are changing and not just the ‘how to’. Weekly progress is measured using Body Composition Analysis, realistic goal setting and motivational reviews. Call or email for more information
Various health courses available.
- Weight Loss
- Bride and Bridesmaids
- Food and Mood
- Energy and Vitality
- Immune Health
- Heart Health
- Digestive Health
- Children’s Nutrition
To enable your company to perform at its best you need your employees to perform at their best. Mid-afternoon slumps, brain fog, absenteeism and stress can all be reduced if not avoided by simple healthy eating and lifestyle changes.
We are pleased to offer Wellness Programmes for employees wishing to improve their health, maximise performance and can develop a nutritional/wellness plan to address any underlying health concerns. Your key performers who are consistently exposed to high levels of stress, work long hours and have a compromised work/life balance may benefit from an in-depth nutritional and lifestyle support over a period of time.
We can come to your company for a day/few days and see your employees on an individual or group basis, conduct body composition analysis and draw up personalised programmes tailored to each individual (average time 15 minute consultations). We can run this programme over 6 weeks with or without individualised consultations. Programmes can also be tailored to suit company requirements.
A typical Wellness presentation or a 6 week programme would include some of the following topics:
- The Importance of Blood Sugar Balancing.
- The Good and Bad Fats in the Diet.
- Portion Sizes and Food Labelling
- Healthy Breakfast, Lunches, Dinners
- Healthy Snacks
- Eating Out
- Boosting the Immune
- Managing Stress through Diet & Lifestyle
In addition to the above, we also provide lots of very simple healthy recipe and snack ideas which are easy to source, prepare and cook. Samples of different foods that can be provided include dips like hummus or guacamole, protein balls/energy bars, smoothies, juices, salads and more over this 6 week programme. Sampling these foods is fun, interactive and hugely rewarding!
We enjoy working with your employees, helping them get healthier and feel more energised, happier and fitter by embracing simple diet and lifestyle changes. Our delicious recipes and super tips over the 6 weeks make it a very simple and easy transformation for all involved.
Your investment for the above is:
1 Hour Corporate Talk excluding travel and food samples €200
1 Day Corporate Nutritional Programme excluding travel and food samples €600 (additional daily rate €500)
The Happy Gut Clinic offers an array of functional laboratory tests through recognised Irish and UK laboratories. Many of our clients opt to have screening tests which can provide further insight into nutritional status and/or biochemical imbalances. Deciding which test may be most appropriate for you will depend on your individual needs and requirements.
These tests include but limited to:
- Nutrition Status Assessment
- Adrenal Stress Profile
- Full Thyroid Profile
- Female Hormone Profile
- Comprehensive Stool Analysis and parasitology
- Food Allergy and Intolerance Testing
Do you suffer from any of the following:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Obesity / overweight
- Low Mood
- Virtually all inflammatory conditions maybe as a result of food intolerance or sensitivity
We offer extensive allergy and food intolerance/sensitivity testing with Fitzwilliam Food Testing. There are 3 different options to choose from and your therapist can advise you on which test is required.
“Your genetics load the gun. Your lifestyle pulls the trigger.”
Diet shouldn’t be a one-size-fits-all approach which is why tailoring your diet to your DNA is ideal. At The Happy Gut Clinic you can now get a simple home DNA Test that will give you in-depth information about the foods, lifestyle and exercise that’s tailor-made for you as an individual.
This is the era of personalised nutrition and exercise. Your results will tell you exactly what you should eat in relation to your individual genes and your genetic make-up.
It’s like a game of cards where you can’t change the hand you’ve been dealt but you can change the way you play and you can learn to play better, smarter and play to win! A DNA Test will show you what cards you hold; how you play is up to you and your Nutritional Therapist.
The test measures 27 genetic markers which advise you on:
• Your nutrient needs eg. Omega 3, vitamin D, folate and the B vitamins
• How well you detoxify
• Your salt and caffeine sensitivities
• Your level of tolerance to lactose
• Your sensitivity to weight gain based on your fat intake
• Whether you are at risk of being Coeliac
• Your ideal way to eat
• Your antioxidant needs
• What type and amount of exercise best suits your genetic make-up allowing you to achieve your full potential
We interpret your results and tailor a Wellness plan according to your specific genetic profile which may include a higher requirement for certain nutrients, a reduction or elimination of certain food groups, or a particular combination of nutrients to support key body functions. This approach can potentially prevent certain predispositions to disease occurring or can specifically focus on what’s happening in your body right now.
. Cost per test: (on Application)
There is a vast amount of evidence that adult health issues are result of poor infancy and childhood nutrition. We all want the best for our children, however with clever marketing and so much conflicting information it is very hard to make a right food choices for our little ones. Our job is to provide you with right advice, tailored to your child’s and your family needs. As parents ourselves we know how busy family life can be, so all of our advice is realistic with plenty of tips to make meal planning easier.
You are probably already aware that some of the foods your child eats can affect its behaviour, concentration levels and general well-being. Healthy eating is the best gift you can give to your child and to yourself. Transform the way your family eats, simply and easily to see the benefits in your children.
The Happy Gut Clinic can support you and your family in a number of ways:
- Teach your child about making better food choices. Kids are very inquisitive so this is the best time to educate them and lay a foundation for your children to become healthy adults. For example: a crunchy carrot stick & hummus is a better option than a muffin or cheesy strings and tastes better. Tips and tricks of how to incorporate more vegetables into everyday foods i.e. have you ever tried carrot & apple muffins???
- Help in supporting the immune system to avoid missing school. Did you know that 80% of the immune system is made in your Gut !! …. By supporting gut health, you can avoid unnecessary and recurrent infections and those unexpected sick days from school.
- Help in supporting specific conditions like constipation, digestive issues, asthma, behavioural issues, and eczema. For example did you know that dairy may be a trigger for eczema and asthma. Contact The Happy Gut Clinic for dairy alternatives.
- Educate you as a parent on how to give your child the best food options for breakfasts, lunches, snacks and even simple yummy treats.
- The Happy Gut Clinic would be happy to attend your local school and pre-school for fun filled, healthy demo talks and food tastings. Check with us today for availability!